Skip to content

General

128 results found

1. The Princetta, by Anne-Laure Bondoux

I'm a young man in his early 20s but I have been exposed to a wide variety of literature over the years, and I've found that many of my favorites, such as the Westing Game, A Wrinkle in Time, and Julie of the Wolves are all here in your store. There was one that was missing however that I think really communicates the strong girl/young woman concept, and that is "The Princetta" by Anne-Laure Bondoux. The main protagonist is the Princetta of Galnicia, who flees home and an arranged marriage, but is then betrayed by the man who was supposed…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. Excellent notice re: your article "Celebrating Unknown Heroes

These are such compelling and inspirational stories of women to demonstrate to girls all that we can be capable of in supporting the greater good in the world.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Recommendation: When God Was a Little Girl

This is a short story I wrote for my daughter -- now turned into a beautiful children's book; we just won a 2014 Silver Award from the national Nautilus Book Awards. Both playful & profound, the story retells creation through the image of God as a little girl doing an art project. On each page God appears as a little girl with different ethnic features. The tale is told as a gentle conversation between father & daughter, with care given to both diversity and ecology in the telling. It is NOT cutesy, but rather at once simple and profound. A…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  4. Step-parenting resources

I have been following you on facebook for a few months and I love the encouraging posts and the book recommendations. I enjoy looking through the book suggestions and I love the books I've purchased so far!

I noticed that there isn't a section for step-parenting (or I haven't found it). I would really love to have some books/resources on step-parenting and handling some of the unique issues that come with it. Do you have any suggestions?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  5. Book Club Support

It has been a pleasure to find you! I have spent more than a few minutes this morning browsing this site and getting lost in all of the great titles you have listed.

After seeing so many great books in one place I thought about starting a book club for girls in my community. Do you have any suggestions on organizing a book club for girls of the ages 8-10?
    I think this would be a great addition to your site. A section of reader's guides or questions and answers pages about some of the books you feature.
    Thank You…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →
  6. Some books to add!

Three Lives to Live by Anne Lindbergh
    The Center of Everything by Laura Moriarty

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. Gilmore Girls

I'd like to suggest Gilmore Girls for a TV show. (So glad you included Veronica Mars and Buffy!)

Also, you could add the original picture book of Jane and the Dragon.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  8. Fantastic book

Might I suggest "Do Princess Wear Hiking Boots?" (and the others by the same author). They are wonderful picture books!

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base