Skip to content

General

128 results found

1. get the country bunny for easter

I can't believe you guys don't have the country bunny and the little gold shoes. Possibly the best picture/story book ever written!! And about a strong female role model.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Daria

This might be debatable, but I think Daria would be a good addition to TV shows for teen girls.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Book Recommendation: Call Me Hope by Gretchen Olson

I'd like to recommend "Call Me Hope," a middle grade novel (5th-8th grade). The story follows 11-year-old Hope Elliot as she begins her sixth grade year excited for the annual spring Outdoor School. But life begins to unravel as she struggles to live under the pressure of her verbally abusive mother. With increasing strain of her mother's abuse, Hope creates a secret haven and finds comfort from Holocaust stories, especially "Anne Frank: Diary of a Young Girl." The book has received numerous awards including the Kentucky Blue Grass Award, voted favorite book by 6th-8th grade readers in the state. School…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. More Books about Special Needs

A week ago, A Might Girl posted an article about Annie Clark, a young girl who won the national penmanship award, regardless of the fact that she has no hands.

I am asking that A Mighty Girl add more resources about Mighty Girls with Special Needs. The inclusion of people with special needs is not only good for the individual, but also for the community.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. You are amazing! Maybe start a forum? also, products for older girls?

I just want to say you guys are amazing! I love love love what you do! Thank you so much!
    You should consider opening a forum where girls/parents etc can share stories and ideas, to help the community connect. Also maybe include products for older ages too? older girls also need encouragement.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. More music by women.

I feel like the music section is really lacking. Women are quite under represented in the music industry so it'd really be empowering have more options on your site. Katy Perry doesn't really cut it.

Here are a handful of female lead or influenced music. Electrelane, Fanny, Robots in Disguise, Bikini Kill, Le Tigre, Tegan and Sara, Joni Mitchell, CocoRosie, The Cardigans , Janis Joplin, Heart, Summercamp, Margo Guryan, Mazzy Star, Björk, Sleater Kinney, Metric, Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

Bands like Electrelane and Fanny are very important for young women to be aware of. They write their own songs. Every single…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. Music

My grand-daughter loves to sing and act-out "I Have Confidence" from The Sound of Music.
    Also, I recommend Rosemary Clooney's album, Mothers and Daughters.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Amazon.ca?

Oops - just sent this to Support. Will say the same thing here. We love your site immensely. I use it regularly for purchases/ideas for my daughter as well as my nieces (of which I have many) I would love to support your site by clicking the Amazon link and purchasing however - I'm from Canada. Purchasing from Amazon.com is often significantly more costly due to shipping and customs fees.

Perhaps you have tried it already but if not you should approach Amazon.ca for the same deal you have with the American site. I know several others in my area…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Adventure Time Costumes

I think it would be really awesome if you had female Adventure Time costumes.
    Fionna the Human, Cake the Cat, Princess Bubblegum, and Marceline the Vampire Queen.

These are all really amazing female characters. Also I think the tv show makes one episode every season genderbend. Which I find really cool. Not many cartoon shows would be willing to do that.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  10. Link to kindle books on amazon

I have purchased a couple books I've found here on the site, and I see that you have an affiliate link for paperbacks. However, I only purchase kindle books, so I'm unable to support the site this way as I have to search independently for the kindle purchase page after linking to the paperback purchase page. It would be helpful if you included affiliate links to kindle versions (when available) as well as paperback.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Recommendation: Agora Arts

Agora Arts is a creative studio that teaches music, creative movement, as well as Aerial Acrobatics. They accept people from ages 8-100+. They are compiled of mostly females, but they cater to males as well...

My 10 year old and 6 year old attend classes here. This studio has transformed their minds and bodies into superhuman powerhouses of creative, confident, and amazing little girls.

My oldest started Aerial classes a little over 6 months ago and is just out of control amazing. To top it off she went from being shy and self conscious to very outgoing, strong, and confident!…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  12. What would you like to see more of in girls' clothing?

I'm Jenn from Jill and Jack, and I'm looking to hear what themes and designs that aren't out there at the moment the mighty girls in your lives would love to see on their clothing.

Jill and Jack is a new kind of kids' clothing company set to inspire the next generation of leaders to think beyond pink and blue. We're just getting started, and are planning to launch with a series of t-shirts in March or April 2014.

We're going to be starting with sizes 12mo - 6, so that's the age group we have in mind for now.…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. book suggestion: The Nina books, by Madhvi Ramani

The Nina series features Nina - a mighty girl - who travels to different countries using her aunt's magical garden shed. She is smart and adventurous and my daughter loves her! There rare three books in the series so far:
    Nina and the Kung Fu Adventure
    Nina and the Magical Carnival
    Nina and the Travelling Spice Shed

Nina is Indian and she meets diverse characters on her journies so children can learn about different cultures and countries (there are facts at the end of each book to supplement learning). Please add!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  14. You need more play sets for little girls who want to be lawyers!

Briefcases, dress up suit jackets, gavels, children's books on what a lawyer is and does, dolls dressed as lawyers ....

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  15. Safe online discussion forum for girls

First, I want to say I'm a HUGE fan of A Mighty Girl's website and Facebook page even though I'm a mom to an only child who's a boy. What you do for female empowerment is incredible. I love your features and online presence.

Second, I was brainstorming further yesterday about your website, wondering if you had an online forum for girls to safely chat with each other and if so, if there was an option of pairing older girls with younger girls as a buddy system or pairing women with girls as a mentoring system. I looked and don't…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Website

Perhaps Mightygirls (plural) would be even better. You are helping to raise many of them, not just one. Thank you for all your ideas and work!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Recommendation 13+ A Distant Prospect

Quietly self-published in Australia in 2012, this richly-woven tale sees four school-age girls in 1928 Sydney overcoming the lasting impacts of the Great War on their families.

One girl is a childhood polio survivor, two have lost their mothers in tragic circumstances, and two their fathers, but music (they form a string quartet), friendship, and the sacrifices of adults reeling from war's effects, provide strength and support as they uncover a terrible secret, and ultimately find hope and identity, despite sadness and suffering yet to come.

Just selected for 2015 summer reading lists by a US education provider. Highly recommended…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A Ride on the Red Mare's Back

A Ride on the Red Mare's Back is a beautiful book by Ursula LeGuin illustrated by Julie Downing that definitely deserves attention. The protagonist is a girl who is brave, resourceful, and rescues her brother from trolls with the help of her toy horse that comes to life.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Book recommendation

My Heart Smiles by Diana Oman is a fantastic book! Little girls will love it.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Public School Librarian

I am the librarian at a small, rural, public, grade 4-12 school in Ohio. On our school library website I have included a link to your page for parents and children looking for books with strong girl/women characters.I have followed your FB page for a while now, and look forward to everything you post. Thank you for everything you do! Keep up the good work!
    Mrs. Davis

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base