Skip to content

General

128 results found

1. Posters of famous women in science needed

I think it would be great if you sold posters of women who were famous scientists. They are very inspirational to girls.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Way to go all you mighty moms and dads!

I just want to say thank you for all you mighty moms and dads out there! I think this organization is wonderful. I am not a mom, but I always like following 'a mighty girl' on Facebook because I really like the inspiring comments and videos they post. I think my parents had a similar attitude to all of you out there, and I think that is why I am the way I am today.

Growing up I never was told 'that's a boy thing' or 'that's a girl thing'. Me and my brothers and sister all did the same…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  3. Book suggestions

Some fairy tale/fantasy books you could add:

Of Two Minds by Carol Matas and Perry Nodelman
    The Farthest Away Mountain by Lynn Reid Banks
    The Woman Who Flummoxed the Fairies by Heather Forest
    Imogene's Antlers by David Small

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  4. can I share a women and science wall chart I am working on with you

I created a wall chart about women and science that you can see here:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10150550172481549&set=o.232703003489659&type=1&theater

I am going to be updating soon and would like to mention the great work you do...could we chat sometime? If you want to see a lo res version of this let me know.I love your work! Gaverne

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  5. Disappointed.

As a mother of two daughters I was intrigued by this website and thought I'd check it out. Hopeful, but not holding my breathe, that I'd find a good message here. I was disappointed.

How is it that when developing A Mighty Girl, you didn't include any books about motherhood? I love the idea of encouraging our daughters to be mighty, and all the categories of mighty women are great. But you're lacking mothers. Shameful. Absolutely terrible. Motherhood is the mightiest of all roles a girl can grow up to take on. That is a message worth sharing with them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. You should include all of Wrede's Cimorene books. Not just the first one.

You should include all of Wrede's Cimorene books. Not just the first one.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  7. Books of Elsewhere

Please consider including the New York Times bestselling series for young readers The Books of Elsewhere by Jacqueline West. It's about a strong female protagonist who is brave, insightful, and flawed in ways that are not stereotypical or girly. FULL DISCLOSURE: it's by my wife, who is all those things and more.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Some UK-related books (suffrage movement)

A few suggestions on UK women's suffrage (I don't think I've seen any of these on AMG when I've been browsing):

Non-fiction

Emily Davidson: The Girl Who Gave Her Life For Her Cause (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Emily-Davison-Girl-Cause-was/dp/1904095666) age range 9-12?

Emmeline Pankhurst (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Emmeline-Pankhurst-Famous-People-Lives/dp/0749636750) age range 6-12?

Sylvia Pankhurst (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sylvia-Pankhurst-Classroom-Shirley-Harrison/dp/095539631X) age range 13+ (Sylvia's influence runs a lot further than just the suffrage movement, though)

Fiction

Suffragette: My Story (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Suffragette-My-Story-Carol-Drinkwater/dp/1407120727) age range 9-12?

A Question of Courage (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Question-Courage-Marjorie-Darke/dp/1903015219) age range 9-12?

Polly's March (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pollys-March-Linda-Newbery/dp/0746060319) age range 9-12?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hightly Recommend Lauren St. John Books!

Lauren St. John's White Giraffe series is fantastic! (The White Giraffe, Dolphin Song, The Last Leopard, and The Elephant's Tale) A young girl (age 11) who is courageous, intelligent, and trying to find her place in the world. She goes the distance to protect what is right-- striving to maintain peace as a liaison between humans and animals, while standing up to bullies in her community. Lauren St. John also has a series that we have yet to read- but it's on our list!- Laura Marlin Mysteries about a young orphaned girl turned detective.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  10. Kiera's Kollection

Have you heard of Kiera's Kollection? If not, it's a clothing brand focused on girl empowerment. On the site, it's described as: " A powerful brand that promotes optimism, confidence, independence and self-worth!" The site is found at this url: https://keiraskollection.com/

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  11. Would love to see a category for Math!

I love the ability to sort through books, toys, etc by age, interests and so on. I think it would be fabulous to have category for Math/SCience/STEM for folks who want to encourage girls in those areas. :)

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. Adventure Time Costumes

I think it would be really awesome if you had female Adventure Time costumes.
    Fionna the Human, Cake the Cat, Princess Bubblegum, and Marceline the Vampire Queen.

These are all really amazing female characters. Also I think the tv show makes one episode every season genderbend. Which I find really cool. Not many cartoon shows would be willing to do that.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  13. be you. be true. products

be you. be true.® are messages meant to be inspiring, empowering, show kindness and make you smile.

be a good sport, be courageous, be a reader, be strong, be loyal but always be you are just a few of our message on tee shirts for girls, button pins, bottlecap necklaces, water bottles and paper products.

Please feel free to visit our website http:\www.beyoubetrue.com

Our goal is to make a positive difference with positive messaging!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  14. Websites

I am 10 years old and love your website, and I was wondering if you could suggest this website I made: www.thesecretlifeofmisscupcake.webs.com because it is for girls and enforces your values

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  15. Amazon.ca?

Oops - just sent this to Support. Will say the same thing here. We love your site immensely. I use it regularly for purchases/ideas for my daughter as well as my nieces (of which I have many) I would love to support your site by clicking the Amazon link and purchasing however - I'm from Canada. Purchasing from Amazon.com is often significantly more costly due to shipping and customs fees.

Perhaps you have tried it already but if not you should approach Amazon.ca for the same deal you have with the American site. I know several others in my area…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. You are amazing! Maybe start a forum? also, products for older girls?

I just want to say you guys are amazing! I love love love what you do! Thank you so much!
    You should consider opening a forum where girls/parents etc can share stories and ideas, to help the community connect. Also maybe include products for older ages too? older girls also need encouragement.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. Introducing Sophia Firecracker by AA Riley

9 year-old girl thinks she's a superhero. When Principal Corncob hints that teacher Mrs. Greenbean may also be a superhero, Sophia sets out on a mission to find the teacher's superpowers.

www.sophiafirecracker.com

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Women In Nature Books

I love that you have a nature section for young girls. I'm assuming someone knows of a book that shows a woman living in nature like Henry David Thoreau's Walden, or like Eustace Conway's Turtle Island.

I was discussing this with my professor but I do know of any stories written about a women living with nature? Do you have any books that are written like that, if not, what are your thoughts as to why women in "stories" aren't living in nature.

Please let me know. I would love the feedback.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  19. Halloween ideas

Books:
    Little Witch and the Riddle by Bruce Degen
    The Witch Who Was Afraid of Witches by Alice Low

Movie:
    Hocus Pocus

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  20. Halloween Costumes

These are a great alternative to a lot of what's out there, but I would prefer to have costumes with sleeves and either long pants or tights. Halloween is in October and it's cold.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base