Skip to content

General

128 results found

1. The Princetta, by Anne-Laure Bondoux

I'm a young man in his early 20s but I have been exposed to a wide variety of literature over the years, and I've found that many of my favorites, such as the Westing Game, A Wrinkle in Time, and Julie of the Wolves are all here in your store. There was one that was missing however that I think really communicates the strong girl/young woman concept, and that is "The Princetta" by Anne-Laure Bondoux. The main protagonist is the Princetta of Galnicia, who flees home and an arranged marriage, but is then betrayed by the man who was supposed…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. Lesbian/bi/transgendered content

2 books by Malinda Lo, "Ash" and "Huntress" are retellings of traditional fairy tales, with an Asian bent to them.
    Sarah Waters "Tipping the Velvet", both book and miniseries, show strong representations of lesbian protagonist, as well as being a darned well written story.
    "Tomboy" is a great movie about, well, a tomboy...There are actually other movies and books out there that have positive representations of young women who are just coming out, or who are thinking of themselves as different in some way.... Not every lesbian book or movie involves crime/murder/treachery, etc, although it seems like it often enough...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  3. Grace Hopper?

Maybe I looked in the wrong sections, but I also did a search and I couldn't find any books about Grace Hopper on your site.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. Link to kindle books on amazon

I have purchased a couple books I've found here on the site, and I see that you have an affiliate link for paperbacks. However, I only purchase kindle books, so I'm unable to support the site this way as I have to search independently for the kindle purchase page after linking to the paperback purchase page. It would be helpful if you included affiliate links to kindle versions (when available) as well as paperback.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. links to your past blog posts

Hi,

I see amightygirl posts on facebook, and I liked the "10 Mighty Girl Film Favorites for a Snow Day!" post.

Now, supposing I hadn't seen that, and I was at http://www.amightygirl.com looking for something to do with my daughter (and supposing that the "LATEST BLOG POST" links had moved on to newer things). I click on the "Movies / TV" tab, and I can see all the movies broken down by age range, but nothing the Movies/TV page links to your blog post about movies for a snowday.

Is this something that you can fix?

In general, it seems…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  6. Book/Author suggestion: Shelby Bach

I think the Shelby Bach books Of Giants and Ice, and Of Witches and Wind, should be considered for the list of books that feature Mighty Girls.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  7. Tablet and Phone Apps for Mighty Girls:

Ignoring that screen time isn't the best use of time, know that lots of us navigate permitting it and customizing the experience for educational / and entertainment purposes.

The only place for decent reviews of kids tablet apps is Commonsense Media. They do a good job but sill have a gender bias found in wider society. For example if one tries to filter for apps for girls, ages 5-6, we get a series of fashion "dress-up" apps. While they may not put gender neutral apps in a "boy" category they aren't filtering with creating strong women in mind. My suggestion…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. I just bought five books through MG today

As a dad to two mighty girls, 4 and 6, I have to say, you are providing a critical service to all parents and supporters of mighty girls everywhere.
    There is no resource more precious or force as powerful as a Mighty Girl. Thank you for helping me be a better parent.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  9. Book suggestions

I would like to recommend several books by Julie E. Czerneda for your list. I noticed that you have only 24 books in the Science Fiction list, and her books would fit right in there.

Her "Species Imperative" series - Survival (#1), Migration (#2), and Regeneration (#3). These stories follow Dr. Mackenzie Connor, a biologist who runs a salmon research facility. Mac is smart, brave, resourceful, and strong. She ends up saving the human race from alien destruction.

Her "Stratification" series - Reap the Wild Wind (#1), Riders of the Storm (#2), and Rift in the Sky (#3). These stories…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. What would you like to see more of in girls' clothing?

I'm Jenn from Jill and Jack, and I'm looking to hear what themes and designs that aren't out there at the moment the mighty girls in your lives would love to see on their clothing.

Jill and Jack is a new kind of kids' clothing company set to inspire the next generation of leaders to think beyond pink and blue. We're just getting started, and are planning to launch with a series of t-shirts in March or April 2014.

We're going to be starting with sizes 12mo - 6, so that's the age group we have in mind for now.…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. this is fantastic

my daughter is five and LOVES to read!!! this is the perfect site for me to find books for me to read to her and she can read her self

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  12. Book Suggestion

Ella's Big Chance: A Jazz Age Cinderella is a great retelling of the traditional Cinderella tale. It's beautifully written and illustrated, and the main character makes her own destiny. It deserves a spot on your Fairy Tales list!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  13. List the NAP series - Women's Adventures in Science

Can you please consider including the National Academies Press' series, Women's Adventures in Science, on your website? It's a biography set of 10 books about contemporary women scientists and their fascinating careers, that shows that the path from intellectually curious girl to talented innovator is as unique as the personality and circumstances of each scientist.

I believe these books are for kids aged 4-8.

Here are the prices -- they're running a holiday special, so you can use code GIFT13 for a 25% discount off the list price for books and merchandise.

Buy the set: $89.50 $67.13
    Each book: $9.95…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Another 'to be added' -- Astronaut: Living In Space

Hi Mighty Girl,

I just ran across "Astronaut: Living in Space" by Kate Hayden. It's a creative non-fiction DK Reader all about the daily life of an astronaut -- and the shocking thing is that although the astronaut happens to be female, the story is just about being an astronaut! No pink space suit, no high-heel space boots -- just a smart, competent female character, starring in a story that could appeal to any child. The fact that this was a 'surprise' find for me is proof that we need A Mighty Girl -- perhaps it will pass your scrutiny…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  15. Bubble Guppies

You should add the show Bubble Guppies to your animated list for TV. The girl characters participate in representing jobs and activities that most shows choose boy characters for. I.e. For the rock and roll episode, the three girl characters formed a band.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  16. Add Gabby Saturday!

I am the author of Gabby Saturday and I would love to see my book offered on the site for sale! I can send a copy if you'd like to see it, or you can read it online at www.gabbysaturday.com.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  17. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. Expanding to purchase & post to Australia

Love your Facebook posts on my newsfeed. Would love to be able to purchase some items for my 2 mighty girls but live in Australia.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Book suggestion

Hello,

I've been a fan of A Mighty Girl for a while, and I recently wrote a book called Natasha the Ninja Princess that fits the Mighty Girl ethos. I was wondering if you (or any of your fans) might be interested in a free review copy of the book, either digital or print. If so, please let me know!

Thank you for creating this site- I have a 5 year old daughter (for whom I wrote the book), and it's great to see a site that celebrates girls' strength and smarts.

Thank you,
    Beau Blackwell

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  20. sorting/filters

Firstly, as a children's librarian I think this site is super cool. But, it was be extra useful to me from an ordering standpoint if I were able to sort it or limit the book lists by pub date. Probably not so much to the rest of the world, but to me. :)

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base