Skip to content

General

128 results found

1. Shadow of the Dragon series

I realise you may have a backlog of books to add, but please also add the Shadow of the Dragon series by Kate O'Hearn! The two lead characters are sisters - one 12, the other, not sure but younger. According to the 'stupid laws' of the kingdom, Kira, the eldest must be married by thirteen, but all she wants to do is ride Dragons like her dad (which for a girl is against the law).

Our four-year-old loved the two books (which are begging to be made into summer blockbusters, they're so visual and action-packed.) My wife and I just…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. Phoebe Gilman: great stories about strong girls

I was disappointed to see you didn't have one of my favourite authors growing up: Phoebe Gilman, so I thought I'd share so others can enjoy her work. Her series Jillian Jiggs and stories "The Balloon Tree" and "Grandma and the Pirates" have strong young female protagonists and all her books have great messages. They also feature beautiful artwork that she illustrated herself. All of her books are not to be missed.
    http://www.phoebegilman.com/books.html

Thanks for creating this site. I know I'll be glad to have it someday when I

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  3. More Books about Special Needs

A week ago, A Might Girl posted an article about Annie Clark, a young girl who won the national penmanship award, regardless of the fact that she has no hands.

I am asking that A Mighty Girl add more resources about Mighty Girls with Special Needs. The inclusion of people with special needs is not only good for the individual, but also for the community.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. Book Club Support

It has been a pleasure to find you! I have spent more than a few minutes this morning browsing this site and getting lost in all of the great titles you have listed.

After seeing so many great books in one place I thought about starting a book club for girls in my community. Do you have any suggestions on organizing a book club for girls of the ages 8-10?
    I think this would be a great addition to your site. A section of reader's guides or questions and answers pages about some of the books you feature.
    Thank You…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →
  5. Please more books & movies for and about Transgender Girls

You've completely left out a huge contingent of our female society already heavily discriminated against and forgotten. In my experience "female body" born girls are the most accepting of transgender girls but only once they know and understand them. Without books and movies introducing this simple and natural situation how can they?

Transgender people are born with one brain and the body of another. Such a simple concept. There are many books out there that explain this. Please post them on your site.

Undercover Girl, Whipping Girl and Be Who You Are to name a few.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →
  6. Some books to add!

Three Lives to Live by Anne Lindbergh
    The Center of Everything by Laura Moriarty

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. We'd love to hear your feedback and suggestions!

To send private feedback, please use the "Contact Support" button; for public feedback to the forum, click the "Give Feedback" button.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  8. Fantastic book

Might I suggest "Do Princess Wear Hiking Boots?" (and the others by the same author). They are wonderful picture books!

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base