Skip to content

General

128 results found

1. book recommendations for young kids

The book "One" by Katherine Otoshi and her follow up, "Zero", are two great books on bullying and being yourself that are perfect for young kids. They use stories with colors and numbers as the characters to teach how to stand up to bullies and love yourself just as you are.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. book suggestion - jemima to the rescue

Hi guys,
    We love this book at our house about our favouite play school character, Jemima, in space!
    Cheers,
    Alison

http://www.harpercollins.com.au/books/0733328091
    Book Description
    It′s an emergency! Astronauts Jemima and Little Ted have run out of honey at the space station! Can Jemima save the day?

Illustrated with full colour photographs of the Play School toys and specially made props.

for 0-4 year olds.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  3. Recommended book

My 9-year-old just finished reading "Sky Girl and the Superheroic Legacy" and she can't wait to order the sequel, published last month. It's an indie book; you can read more at http://www.skygirlnovel.com/.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  4. Fancy Nancy Series

Hi-
    I recommend the Fancy Nancy Series to your website. nancy is independent and helps build vocabulary. She has many adventures and she may seem super girls but she loves astronomy, spelling, acting, her friends and family. There are many ways to be a girl and Nancy is an awesome example.
    Sincerely ,
    Sara

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  5. Future Presidents Club

Good Afternoon,
    Christine Dzidrums is an award-winning children's writer. She focuses most of her efforts on books about girl empowerment. She's recently released a beginning chapter book entitled Future Presidents Club: Girls Rule. It's about a six year old girl who wonders why there has never been a female U.S. president so she starts a club with her friends centered on what they will do when they enter the White House. The book was a big hit with parents and their children at the LA Times Festival of Books last month. We just launched its Facebook website yesterday and the…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. More music by women.

I feel like the music section is really lacking. Women are quite under represented in the music industry so it'd really be empowering have more options on your site. Katy Perry doesn't really cut it.

Here are a handful of female lead or influenced music. Electrelane, Fanny, Robots in Disguise, Bikini Kill, Le Tigre, Tegan and Sara, Joni Mitchell, CocoRosie, The Cardigans , Janis Joplin, Heart, Summercamp, Margo Guryan, Mazzy Star, Björk, Sleater Kinney, Metric, Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

Bands like Electrelane and Fanny are very important for young women to be aware of. They write their own songs. Every single…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. Be Who You Are

Be Who You Are is an amazing book about a young trans girl. I've read this book with my 5 1/2 year old, and she loves it. With such a lack of books for trans girls (and cis girls to learn about other types of girls!), this book is a must-have. http://www.jennifercarrbooks.com/

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  8. Stop Glitzing up Mulan

I love what you did for Merida and in support of strong role models for girls. Did you know that there is a similar petition effort for Mulan? Give it a read and maybe you will be inspired to help pass the word about another hero for girls who needs our help!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. Create a conscious, empowering picture book!

I am inviting you to help co-create an empowering children's book I am publishing via Kickstarter. "Firenze's Light" is the tale of a firefly who must decide whether to hide her light or let it shine for the world to see. This book has love, optimism, introspection and compassion at its core. Kickstarter allows you to get behind a project you want to see created, chose a reward (like first-edition copies of the book, prints of the illustrations etc.) with all proceeds from the rewards going to fund the book. We only have until May 18th to meet our goal,…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  10. Thanks for making the world mightier!

I'm so happy you added Dolores Huerta: A Hero to Migrant Workers to your site. Dolores is a mighty teacher, leader, mom and hero. She is a great example of the impact we can make when we pay attention, care and act. Thank you for sharing her story with your readers, young heroes and heroes in the making! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to support your work.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  11. Stop Glitzing up Mulan

(I posted this already, but forgot to post the link to the petition! Sorry!)

I love what you did for Merida and in support of strong role models for girls. Did you know that there is a similar petition effort for Mulan? Give it a read and maybe you will be inspired to help pass the word about another hero for girls who needs our help!

https://www.change.org/petitions/disney-corporation-stop-glitzing-up-mulan

Thanks! Maureen

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  12. Start a Petition, My Little Ponies: Friendship is Magic

Hi,
    Thank you so much for starting the Merida petition. It meant so much to so many people.

Similar in vein to the situation with Merida, Hasbro studios is making a movie version of the MLP:FIM franchise- and in doing so is seriously and significantly undermining the character-building, non-sexualizing aspects of the characters.

I think you've done something deeply important with the Merida petition that is really making the whole of society (and people's relationship to large and powerful businesses) better.

Thank you so much for your time,
    Rebecca Hiner

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  13. Just a thankyou

I think what this website is doing is fabulous. I just signed the petition to not change Merida , it was truly touching. Keep at it!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  15. Polarn O. Pyret: gender neutral and mighty girls clothing

I noticed you don't have Polarn O. Pyret listed in your clothing section - at least, I can't find them! Check out polarnopyretusa.com. They have an entire section of gender neutral clothing, and their girls clothing has lots of fun pieces that allow for all kinds of tastes and mighty play times. They even have undies that don't feature licensed characters or a ton of pink! I think Po.P would be a great addition to your clothing collection. Here's a couple of examples:

http://www.polarnopyretusa.com/index/page/product/product_id/5748/

http://www.polarnopyretusa.com/index/page/product/product_id/

http://www.polarnopyretusa.com/index/page/product/product_id/5458/

I am a volunteer brand ambassador, and a parent who buys Po.P. I know…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  17. Strong Female Character

Hi, I was hoping to bring to light a wonderful movie with an incredibly strong female character that I personally admire. If you haven't already seen it, How to Train Your Dragon is a beautiful movie with wonderful messages and their character, Astrid, represents a powerful female character that is loyal, strong, intelligent, dedicated, and hard-working, striving to become a significant figure in her community that prides itself in strength and courage but simultaneously supporting what she believes in and what she knows is right. Astrid continually proves herself to be a very capable young woman who easily keeps up…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  18. The Midwife's Apprentice

A book suggestion by Caroline Cushman, You already Have Catherine Called Birdy by the same author)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  19. Number of pages/chapters in book

I would love it if the reviews of books had the numbers of pages/chapters or if it's a chapter book.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  20. Book Suggestion

A friend purchased "Apple Farmer Annie" for my daughter's first birthday. "Apple Farmer Annie" is a brightly-colored board book with simple illustrations, featuring Annie who runs and manages her own apple farm. This is by far my daughter's favorite book, and I love that Annie is such a great role model.

Thank you for all of your hard work and wonderful books. I love the site!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base